Screenwriting Articles by Marilyn Horowitz
- Creating Great Scenes
- Based on Marilyn's NYU class "Creating Great Scenes," this article will show you ten rock-solid tips for creating unforgettable scenes.
- Ten Ways to Tweak a Scene Using Your Intuition
- Try these unusual, intuitive tips to punch your scenes up! Originally published as a two-part article.
- Writing Your Villain First
- Every good hero deserves an equally dynamic villain! Learn some great techniques for developing villains that can add some snap to your story!
- Rewriting Hero Last
- Sometimes you have to work on your hero AFTER you think you're done with your script.
Marilyn Horowitz' 'Script Tips' articles for Movie Outline are now available online as well: